Saturday, December 6, 2014

New Rays Stadium Locations Explored by Tampa Bay Times

I don't get into the stadium talk too much on this site. There is a reason for that. Noah Pransky's Shadow of the Stadium blog has been covering the issue for years and he is much more knowledgeable on the subject than I could ever be.

However, that said, I did want to share a recent Tampa Bay Times article on the stadium situation that I found particularly interesting. Times writers Stephen Nohlgren, Richard Danielson and Jamal Thalji teamed up to write a long feature on where in Tampa a new baseball stadium might fit and where the construction of a stadium stands a chance. Remember: just because you can fit a stadium somewhere, doesn't mean the legal hoops can be jumped or that the owner of that parcel would want it there.

While Nohlgren, Danielson, and Thalji cover space and legality, they don't talk at all about cost. I am sure that would be an article for another day.

And I am sure Shadow of the Stadium will have his own responses to the article. But I highly recommend reading, if only to get a good idea of the situation.

Options for a Rays Stadium in Tampa - Tampa Bay Times