Sunday, December 29, 2013

Freelancing on Minor League Baseball

I wrote on two new sites in the past two weeks.

Over at Ben Hill's Ben's Biz Blog, I wrote about my third visit to the Baseball Winter Meetings. Ben was kind enough to post my thoughts on his site, making it the third site on which I have posted thoughts about the Winter Meetings.

Also, in an attempt to write about Minor League Baseball on every website known to man, woman, and child, I contacted John Sickels of MinorLeagueBall.com to see if I could cameo on one of the premier, most-widely-read sites on the lower levels of baseball. Although the MinorLeagueBall.com site is usually very prospect-heavy, this offseason they have been running a "How I Discovered the Minors" series and I figured that would be perfect for me.

Luckily for me, John said yes. And today my post was featured on his site.
the 1994 Manatees season was the first time I attended a Minor League Baseball contest. Unfortunately, I don’t remember much about the game and there is no Retrosheet for Minor League contests. What I do remember was the fans going nuts for Manatees third baseman Lou Lucca and first baseman Dan Robinson coming through with a pinch-hit single in the bottom of the 10th to give the Manatees the win. I also bought a Manatees hat I wore regularly through my following years in the Army and still have to this day.

I also talk about bringing my little nephew to the ballpark and having a grand ol' time.


Thanks for reading. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.