Thursday, February 19, 2015

Read by the St Pete City Council

Being read is a great feeling. Whether by fans, friends, fellow area writers, or national sports media, to know people read what I write is a very humbling notion. It drives me to write and research more.

I created this blog because I saw a need, a need for deeper research into the Tampa Bay baseball market. I write because I want to know more and think others would like to know more as well.

But I never thought my research would be referenced by a member of the St Petersburg City Council in a meeting about the future of a Rays stadium in St Pete. But that's what happened Thursday, according to Noah Pransky of Shadow of the Stadium.

I would like to thank Councilman Gerdes for reading. There is a lot more work to be done, but it is very rewarding to know my work is providing useful information and making a difference.