Thursday, August 26, 2021

Letter to the Editor of the Tampa Bay Times


Recently, Tampa Bay Times sports columnist John Romano wrote a piece in which he asked several prominent Tampa Bay leaders why the Rays struggle in attendance. I have stated for years that the Tampa Bay Times has a grudge against me - I seriously don't know why, but they do - and of course, Romano didn't ask me my opinion.

Despite the fact that this website is full of facts on Rays attendance. But what do I know?

So in my frustration, I wrote a letter to the editor of the Tampa Bay Times. I typically do not like doing this as it is hard to show credibility among the other letters to the editor. Any Joe the Plumber with an opinion can write in and it incredibly hard to be seen as an expert in less than 300 words. No offense to Joe the Plumber, who I am sure is an expert in plumbing.

But I wrote the editor anyway. Here is the link: No movie ending

Pennant race and sparse crowds? Gotta be Rays | Romano column, Aug. 15